THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Writing Fiction

An Unforgettable moment in my life

It was not too long ago that this particular moment in my life occurs (exactly 5 months 26 days and 5 hours ago). It was like something in a storybook, something "fairytale" like, something that happens only in dreams and not in real-life. It was an unforgettable moment in fact. It was just a normal day, but that normal day was not an ordinary day for me as I remember it as clearly as it was like yesterday.

He was Johnny, my ex-office mate. We don’t always see eye to eye as our work usually requires us to sit down and brain storm together. We always end up in arguments but being the gentleman he is, he always manages to give in to me. I am, being in a Public Relation and Communication person and he as Operation Manager, it requires us to come out with brilliant idea on how to do promotions and make sure we live up to the company’s expectation and image. After few years working together, we finally worked out our differences and we became closer (just as a friend) as both of us have other people in our lives and there are obviously no feelings towards one another.

At that time, both Johnny and I have our own partners. Maria was Johnny long time girlfriend and also happens to be my good friend. Yes, beautiful Maria, long silky black hair, fair skin, gorgeous smile and she has this bubbly personality that makes it impossible to hate her. And I of course have my own little ‘boy toy’. His name was Alex; he has straight black hair parted at the sides, nice built shoulder, he’s six foot tall and has nice pearly white teeth. Alex and I were together for more than 5 years. Our relationship was a disaster waiting to happen. We have no communication what-so-ever, how we manage to stay in this mentally abusive relationship for 5 years, beats me. I think it’s because Alex tends to be needy at times and constantly wanting me to ‘baby’ him is why our relationship failed. I could not take it anymore.

After few years working with the company, I have decided to move on with my career path. I need to go away, I need changes in life, I need to meet new people, and change my work environment, at least I need time to ponder on my life and where I’m heading. I have accepted a job in a different state. The pay was way better than the job that I had then and they offer more benefits. Johnny was the first person I told, he was happy for me and wishes me well in my life, he tells me that if I need anything I’d to call him without hesitation and that made me felt better. We bid farewell.


One day I thought of calling Maria as I was planning to come back for a visit. I tried to call her number, but it was not in service. So I scroll down my phone book and landed on Johnny’s name, I immediately dialed it and was relieved to hear there was a dial tone. Luckily he hasn’t changed his number I thought to myself. I hear a familiar husky voice on the other line and I know it was Johnny. We had a long conversation until I forgot the real reason why I called him, to ask for Maria’s number. He gave me her number and we ended the conversation there.

When I finally came to visit, I tried calling Maria again, still no answer. Then I tried calling Johnny hoping that Maria was with him. He paused for a while and he told me that they broke up a year ago (almost the same time Alex and I broke up) so I invited him out for dinner (just as a friend).

He accepted, and we had our first unofficial date in Hartamas Square. We talked for hours. Catching up on each other life, update on friends at work, we talked about random things and I was so surprised that we share the same interest and we were on the same page about relationship and marriage. It was getting really late until be didn’t realize that the restaurant was closing, he sent me home and we start to call each other every day without failed. One thing let to another, and I can feel his sincerity towards me and I had never felt that before in any of my relationships. We gave it a shot at having an official relationship.

We’ve been together almost two years now and Johnny proposed to me on my 27th birthday at our “fist unofficial place with exact spot and ambiance” he made the place and setting look exactly the same like when we were there the first time. It was so romantic and majestic that the only thing that I can do was cry. He’s not my perfect image of a boyfriend, and he is definitely not prince charming, but he has humor and his sincerity caught my eyes.

Half a year later, I am Mrs. Johnny. Our relationship was something that we never expected to happen. He’s my knight in shining amour, my Romeo, my soul mate, my everything. And the moment he puts the ring on my finger was the moment that I will never forget. Never…have I LOVED YOU JOHNNY!!


"Every true genius is bound to be naive."
Friedrich Schiller

0 comments: